Installing Different Versions of R
Architect ships with an embedded, recent version of R. To configure another version for use within Architect, use the following steps:
Install the desired version of R
Open the newly installed version of R and install packages "rj" and "rj.gd"
install.packages(c("rj", "rj.gd"), repos="http://download.walware.de/rj-2.1")
- In Architect, select from the main menu Run > Run Configurations, and navigate to the 'R Console' section. From there, click the button 'New launch configuration'.
- Click on the 'Configure...' button in the 'R Config' tab.
- Click 'Add...' to add the new R installation.
- Name your installation (e.g. R 3.4.0), then in the "Location (R_HOME): field, navigate to the installed R folder.
- Click the button titled 'Detect Default Properties/Settings' (see above). Then click 'OK'. Your R environments should now look something like this:
- Click Apply
- On the 'Run Configurations' screen, 'R Config' tab, choose the new configuration (e.g. R 3.4.0) for the 'Selected Configuration' field, and click Apply.
You may now run the new R configuration by selecting it via the triangle next to the button in the top menu.