Installing Different Versions of R
Architect ships with an embedded, recent version of R. To configure another version for use within Architect, use the following steps:
Install the desired version of R
Open the newly installed version of R and install packages "rj" and "rj.gd"
install.packages(c("rj", "rj.gd"), repos="http://download.walware.de/rj-2.1")
- In Architect, select from the main menu Run > Run Configurations, and navigate to the 'R Console' section. From there, click the button 'New launch configuration'.
- Click on the 'Configure...' button in the 'R Config' tab.
- Click 'Add...' to add the new R installation.
- Name your installation (e.g. R 3.4.0), then in the "Location (R_HOME): field, navigate to the installed R folder.
- Click the button titled 'Detect Default Properties/Settings' (see above). Then click 'OK'. Your R environments should now look something like this:
- Click Apply
- On the 'Run Configurations' screen, 'R Config' tab, choose the new configuration (e.g. R 3.4.0) for the 'Selected Configuration' field, and click Apply.
In order to make your configuration selectable from the Run and Debug dropdown menus, check the checkboxes of the 'Display in favorites menu' section of the 'Common' tab, as seen below.
You may now run the new R configuration by selecting it via the triangle next to the button in the top menu.